Thursday, June 16, 2005

Baby Socks done!


I've finished with my first pair of Baby Socks for my sister's coming baby. I used Rowan's Cashcotton (SH904). This yarn has 35% cotton, 25% polyamide,18% angora, 13% viscose and 9% cashmere. Wonderful combination!! Very soft, very cozy, and perfect for baby project. I love the way it looks! It is for newborn baby, and it looks like a real socks!! I got the pattern from IK (http://www.interweave.com/knit/default.asp). It is called "Better than bootie socks", and it really is better than booties. I can't wait to see my coming niece/nephew to wear them.

1 Comments:

Blogger wakana said...

hi jen-

I have never knitted socks before- so this is my first socks experience...
I DO agree that the backward YO was very tough; it got very slippery, and what I tried to do was:
1) pull the yarn hard with the index finger of your left hand
2) put the right hand needle through the loop created by index finger and left needle
3) pull the right hand needle to the right to create a backward yarn over AND hold the yarn over the right hand needle with your index finger of your right hand (so that it doesn't slip)
4)purl the first stitch
i hope this can help... good luck and pls let me know how it goes.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home