Sunday, September 04, 2005

My Sockapal-2-za Socks Finally Finished~




I finally finished my Sockpal2za socks today! Horray~

Yarn:
Lornas Laces Shepher d Sport (100% Superwash Wool) Pewter (MC) and Sand Ridge (CC) one skein each

Pattern:
My original

*Sock pattern is fromWendy's Toe-up Socks

Design Reference:
"Pansies in the Snow" glove s pa ttern from Spin-Off Winter 1996
Traditional Fair Isle Knitting by Sheila McGregor

Here is the snapshot o f how it looks on my feet---



My feet are a lot smaller than my sockapals', so it doesn't fit at all, but still looks fine to me.

To tell you the truth, this is my first pair of socks that I ever made! I am very gl ad i t came out nice and hopefully my sockpal will like them as w ell.<

8 Comments:

Blogger marirob said...

Beautiful socks! Your pal is going to be super happy with them. I can't believe you made your own pattern!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Arggghhh, spammers! Wow, your socks are beautiful. I am scared to do fair isle... lol. I love the colors!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Carola said...

Fantastic fair isle socks, so pretty! I can't believe they are your first try on socks. I don't have the heart to declare any pair of socks in the whole sockapal-2-za bunch as my ultimate favourites, but yours are definitely high up in my Top 10! Great job.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

What incredible socks! Please tell me you've at least done fair-isle before. You have a lucky, lucky sock pal. I would be loathe to give these away, if I were you.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Those are just gorgeous ... well done!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Oh, they're great! Congrats!

6:49 PM  
Blogger wakana said...

Thanks everyone for warm & encouraging comments. I hope my sockpal will like them. This is my first time making a real pair of socks (i have made little baby socks before) and it was also my first time working on fair isle pattern. I really enjoyed it and i am now ready to work on a fair-isle sweater (or probably a vest) for my father-in-law.

8:20 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

All I can say is I am so impressed. First pair ? With a baby as a distraction? Are you also an astrophysicist? Amazing. Wonderful. Congrats!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home