Saturday, December 10, 2005

Trellis



My sister had a baby boy this week! I am so glad everything went well. I wish I could see him in person, but since he is in Japan, I am not able to see him for a while, so I decided to make a Trellis cardigan for him to celebrate his birth.

I got Rowan's All Season Cotton in Chocolate brown color. It looks so yummy! I really love this color. I may get more for some other project...

Speaking of color, I also ordered RYC Cashsoft. I thought I ordered some kind of gray-bluish color, but what I got was a bit golden, yellow green, sage color. Oh, no... Sometimes the color looks awfully different on the screen... I am now wondering if I should go ahead with these color, or I should reorder the yarn again, which is very costly... (I can't return these yarns, since I ordered from England, it may cost more to ship them back.) My another bad luck is that my contact lens (gas permeable -- hard lens) broke in pieces in my eye! ! My son's friends came over the other day, and they started to throw blocks, and one of them accidentally smashed my eye... so, I am having a tough time right now. Hopefully I will get the new contact lens soon...

2 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

Wakana, how is your eye? That sounds so horrible.
regarding the wrong color cashsoft - if you want you can post it on knitters review for sale in the stash reductions page on the readers forums, and it may be just exactly the perfect color for someone else.

5:44 PM  
Blogger wakana said...

Hi Marji!

Thanks for thinking about my eye--- I finally got my contact lens last saturday...

I didn't know about the reader's forum, and I went to check it out --- if I decide not to use these yarns for anything else, I am going to put it there. Thanks for your information!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home