Friday, February 03, 2006

My Winter Goodies

This winter is almost exceptionally warm here in new york, but we still need a set of gloves and hat. So, I made the whole set of these goodies for myself---



Pattern: Elf cap from handknit holidays

Yarn: Manos del Uruguay color F and #33; 1 skein each

Needle: US 10 1/2

Note: I love this pattern!! The yarn is double stranded. It's very warm and easy to wear. I needed to adjust the pattern a bit because the gauge was off, but not too complicated.




Pattern: Ruffles Gloves from Loop-d-Loop

Yarn: Jaeger Luxury Tweed (Sh:821) 2 balls

Needle: JPN #2 & #6

Note: When I was knitting the fingers, I lost my needles, and had to use longer (probably 12" long) needles to finish it... It was extremely difficult to knit these tiny fingers with long needles. Overall, I like this pattern alot! It looks complicated, but not too much, and I had fun knitting this great pair. I used the yarn the book called for, and I am very happy with the way they came out.




Pattern: Hand/Wrist Warmers

Yarn: Rowan Soft Lux 1 ball

Needle: JPN #6

Note: I made this to put these over the gloves (too much?). I made them a lot longer than the pattern says and I am happy with the result. These come in handy!




Pattern: Nicky Epstein's Flower Pins from Handknit Holidays

Yarn: Merino Fur & boucle from New Zealand

Needle: US #8

I totally love this!! I am wearing this everyday~ It's such a nice accent to your hair! Many friends like this and ask how to make --- it's very simple and beautiful. Again, great design!

Now, I go back to my Union Square Market Pullover from IK Fall 2005. I have determined to finish up the project on the needle first before working on the next one.... tough decision...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home