Monday, March 27, 2006

Trellis Scarf Finished

My Trellis Scarf is done! I can finally send this to my mom... I knitted this for my mom's b-day, which was in early March, and ended up taking a lot more time than I thought... Yet, I like the pattern, and it is very airy and warm, and hopefully my mom will like it!




Pattern: Trellis Scarf from Interweave Knits Spring 2006
Designer: Evelyn Clark
Yarn: Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud (100% Baby Alpaca; 440 yd/50g) : Smoke 1 skein
Needle: US #5

I skipped a couple repeat so that it came out a bit shorter than the original. I blocked this on a regular towel, so it didn't come out nice... I wish I had that blocking board that everyone has! This time, I realized that the blocking board is very useful for blocking a lace knit.

Now, I have to go back to Jaywalker... I am totally plunged in the Second Sock Syndrome... I should get out of this very soon, or otherwise, I won't finish it at all...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

It's so beautiful and the color is just so Spring! It's going to be a lovely gift to your mother. I feel like to knit one too....

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you the Bo edge to be pointy? I am at the end of the scarf and the Ending Border as charted doesn't point like the Beginning Border. Any hints? Thanks in advance.

12:50 AM  
Blogger wakana said...

hi mary, i think i did bind off the edge VERY VERY loosely. I wasn't sure but i probably used larger (much larger) needle to bind off loosely. otherwise, when you block it, it gets too tight to make that pointy edge. if you have IK Fall 2006, there is an article about how to bind off your lace work --- all of them would work as well. Hope this will help!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home