Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Print O'The Wave Stole Completed

I finished making Eunny's Print O'The Wave Stole. Here is a photo when blocking:



And center grafting:



Pattern: Print O'The Wave Shawl
Designer: Eunny Jang
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr (50% wool, 50% silk) Elderberry 1ball(2oz/58g, 630 yds)
Needle: US 4 circular
Finished Size: 150cm x 55cm
Modification: I reduced the repeat in the center pattern from five to four to make it a bit narrower, and I ended up frogging lots of center part because i didn't have enough yarn... the pattern calls for 17 repeats of 12-row set on each side, and i did only 13 repeats. I was not able to make the edging all around, so only two side (wider side) has edging; the other two has a little picotish finisihng... that was all i could do.

I happened to purhase this ball sometimes in spring on inpulse... and i didn't know what to do for a while, then i was told by my husband to go to wedding one day, and i started to find my dress that I haven't been wearing for several years... when i saw it, i suddenly realized that the ball i purchased a while ago may go well with this dress, and decided to work on this stole.

This stole was relatively easy to knit, although it looks very complicated. Unfortunately i didn't have enough yarn to complete this pattern, so i had to modify a lot. Yet, it came out fine and here is the photo at the wedding:



The back of this stole looks really nice:



Hurray~ i' done with another major project! Now i can start working on some summer top.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Wow, you looked so eleagnt for the wedding. The stole is gorgeous! I have to knit one for myself! ;)

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home