Thursday, June 15, 2006

Celia Completed!

Pattern: Adrienne Vittadini Spring Collection 2005
Yarn: Rowan Linen Drape #841 4 balls
Needle: US #7

Totally inspired by domesticat's celia, I tried to make one for myself ---

I had only 4 balls of yarns, and when I knitted the front, I used almost 2 balls, so I deceided to rip off couple inches around neck, shortened the sleeves, and somehow managed to make one!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Print O'The Wave Stole Completed

I finished making Eunny's Print O'The Wave Stole. Here is a photo when blocking:

And center grafting:

Pattern: Print O'The Wave Shawl
Designer: Eunny Jang
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr (50% wool, 50% silk) Elderberry 1ball(2oz/58g, 630 yds)
Needle: US 4 circular
Finished Size: 150cm x 55cm
Modification: I reduced the repeat in the center pattern from five to four to make it a bit narrower, and I ended up frogging lots of center part because i didn't have enough yarn... the pattern calls for 17 repeats of 12-row set on each side, and i did only 13 repeats. I was not able to make the edging all around, so only two side (wider side) has edging; the other two has a little picotish finisihng... that was all i could do.

I happened to purhase this ball sometimes in spring on inpulse... and i didn't know what to do for a while, then i was told by my husband to go to wedding one day, and i started to find my dress that I haven't been wearing for several years... when i saw it, i suddenly realized that the ball i purchased a while ago may go well with this dress, and decided to work on this stole.

This stole was relatively easy to knit, although it looks very complicated. Unfortunately i didn't have enough yarn to complete this pattern, so i had to modify a lot. Yet, it came out fine and here is the photo at the wedding:

The back of this stole looks really nice:

Hurray~ i' done with another major project! Now i can start working on some summer top.